Media Contact: Cynthia Mendoza
September 22nd 2023
Doña Ana County Clerk’s Office Announces Election Official Training Sessions for the 2023 Regular Local Election
LAS CRUCES, NM – The Doña Ana County Clerk’s Office is hosting training sessions for election officials for the 2023 Regular Local Election at the Doña Ana County Government Center located at 845 N. Motel Blvd. in Las Cruces:
Early Voting Training
- Tuesday, October 3, 2023, at 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023, at 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at 1:00 pm
- Friday, October 13, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Election Day Training
- Saturday, October 7, 2023, at 10:30 am
- Monday, October 16, 2023, at 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 18, 2023, at 5:30 pm
- Friday, October 20, 2023, at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 24, 2023, at 5:30 pm
- Thursday, October 26, 2023, at 5:30 pm
- Saturday, October 28, 2023, at 10:30 am
- Wednesday, November 1, 2023, at 5:30 pm
- *Friday, November 3, 2023, at 5:30 pm (*only if needed)
These trainings are open to the public.
Officials will receive training in opening and closing the polls, setting up voting equipment, and issuing ballots.
In addition to training election officials, the Doña Ana County Clerk’s Office will also be hosting training sessions for watchers for the 2023 Regular Local Election. NMSA 1-2-22 requires watchers to attend a training session prior to accepting an appointment for an election.
The training sessions will be held at the Doña Ana County Government Center in the Commission Chambers
- Thursday, October 5, 2023, at 3:00 pm
- Saturday, October 14, 2023, at 11:00 am
- Thursday, October 19, 2023, at 3:00 pm
- Monday, October 23, at 2:00 pm
- Thursday. November 2, at 3:00 pm
For more information about the 2023 Regular Local Election in Doña Ana County, please visit: www.dacelections.com. Voters may register, update voter registrations, or apply for absentee ballots at NMVote.org. Election Day is November 7, 2023.
Note: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least two business days prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community & Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.